Promoting yourself and marketing your business on Facebook can sometimes seem a daunting task. So here is a list of 5 easy, often overlooked ways on how to promote yourself on Facebook. And as a bonus, 4 of the 5 methods listed are free. For a cheatsheet on 20+ free Facebook marketing methods, see the info at the end of this blog.
Following are 5 simple ways you can use to promote yourself on Facebook that are often overlooked.
- Put links to your fan page(s) in the About section on your profile page. Use the Work History section. By entering your fan page as your work place, Facebook creates the clickable link for you.
- Allow Followers. Do this in your Settings. People who are interested in following you but don’t want to send a friend request, will select to follow you instead. You can then go through this list regularly and send them friend requests if they look like someone you would like to add.
- Occasionally, share posts from your fan page to your profile page. This lets your friends know that you have other pages that may be of interest to them, but you aren’t bombarding them with the info. Make it a post that provides value, not just a promo for your business.
- Create a Facebook Group and invite all those who might be interested in your group topic. Don’t make it about your services or products. Make it something that would be of value to people who might be interested in your services or products. For example, if you are in health and wellness product sales, create a nutrition-oriented group.
- Boost posts to your fans only. Posts get so little organic traffic anymore that it helps to give them and your page a boost by promoting them. But the trick here is to promote them ONLY to the fans of your page. This is a highly targeted audience who most likely will be interested in your post. The increased traffic to your page increases your visibility on Facebook.
Other than creating a Facebook Group which takes a little setup time, these suggestions can be used immediately. I hope this list has given you some new ideas on how to promote yourself on Facebook.
If you would like an additional 20+ ideas on how to improve your marketing results on Facebook, grab my free Cheatsheet on my blog at https://www.cyndiephillippe.com/blog, or click the graphic.
To Your Success in Life and Business!
Home Business & Social Media Marketing
If you got value from this post, please Share it with others.